The numbers have been crunched and all the results are in. Some interesting facts first…
- Everyone of 18 members who entered scored at least 1 point.
- The person in last place will surprise you.
- The hardest event was pointing into a circle 8m. (only 4 people did it).
- The highest scoring event was shooting at 6m. (only 2 failed to do it)
- 43% of scores were zero.
- We didn’t give some people enough credit on the day – Christine and Sandra L performed much better than our hasty back of an envelope calculations suggested.
Here’s the winners. Click to see bigger pictures.
Winner of the 6m coche throw after an exciting tiebreak where he beat Malcolm.
Winner of the 10m coche throw with 3 coche just below 10m. No-one else came close.
Winner of the Pointing competition
The club’s best lobber after a tie break with Barrie
Winner of the 6m shoot
Winner of the 7m Shoot after a tie break with Barrie. Winning her 2nd pot of the day
Winner of the 8m shoot. See – you can shoot!
Winner of the whole event
who took away the trophy to keep for a year
All the scores on the boards
|Name||Coche 6||Coche 10||Tyre||Point||Shoot 6m||Shoot 7m||Shoot 8m||Total|
What have we learned.
a) it was lot of fun although Roy suffered from the curse of the organiser
b) We made it too hard. Rolling coches should have have bigger targets. Pointing should have been at 6m as well.
c) We need more variety. Other events have been suggested like 10 pin bouling towards 10 half full lemonade bottles. Your suggestions welcome.
d) We’ll repeat it next year